Monday, December 20, 2010

Celebrating?

I am hoping that this finds everyone pain free and getting ready to spend time with friends and family. I know that this is a time of year that we all look forward to. I just hope that we all can take a moment and take care of ourselves, and remember why we all celebrate.
I am not spending time with family again this year, (really can't say that I get to spend time with my husband everyday). I know that there are lots more people out there that just have a spouse or even more that have no one. Therefore I am thankful for all my love ones that can not be close over the holidays. As most of you know traveling for me is so hard, the pain is still way up there and I go to the bathroom at least every 20 minutes. So I have mailed out presents and cards to everyone. I am hoping that my body will allow me to go to church for Christmas Eve service. That would be my third time at this church, I really like the people there. Everyone seems so nice and not a single person has asked me why I get up 4 and 5 times durning service to go to the bathroom. I am so worried how I am going to answer that question when it comes up. I really don't feel comfortable telling people that I have IC yet, not sure if I ever will.
I got so bad news over the weekend, SSD sent me my letter. I was told that I am disabled, just not enough. They realize that I can't do a normal job, but think I could try alternative work. I don't know what alternative work is, not sure that there is a job that I can get up and go to the bathroom at least every 20 minutes, as often as every 8 minutes. Or maybe they know of a job that you can do in the bathroom while on the toilet. I guess this just means that I will have to reapply. I have a call into my lawyer, just hoping that he has some good ideas. This might mean that I will no longer have health insurance though. I have gone through all my savings, and now I will have to see about getting state aid. I have never had to ask for state help and I don't know how to go about doing that. Just one step at a time and I might need to just do baby steps.
Today a friend of my told me that she is going to quite her job and go to trucking school. I am a little jealous. I drove truck with my husband for 7.5 years and that was a time of my life that seemed a little easier. I sure hope that she has the time of her life. It will be a change of pace for her, but she will get to see as much of the US that she wants to. Best of luck and I will pray for you everyday.♥
I hope that everyone has the best time this Christmas, just remember that all of this is possible because God sent his only son to us. Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment