Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dreams and Goals

Last night I was laying in bed thinking of all the goals that I use to have and the goals and dreams that I now have. While I was thinking of them I kinda was struck by what had changed and what would other think of my new goals. They are so small and most people don't think twice about the acts. In fact I doubt the normal person even thinks about them at all. Here are some of the new dreams and goals that I have they are no order, think how yours have changed.
-- I want to be able to not have to worry where the bathroom is, how many there are and can I make it.
-- I would like not to have to go to the bathroom every 10-20 minutes.
-- I would like to be able to sit up for more that 40 minutes without being is extreme pain.
-- Love to be able to get into a car and just go somewhere
-- Make love to my husband without fear of the pain during and after
-- Go to dinner with friends and family without worries of food.
-- Go shopping (kinda goes along with the car)
-- Get up and go to work in the morning
-- Do a morning routine shower, get dressed, makeup and hair without breaks for relief.
I know that I could continue with this list for a long time, we all know how this disease has affected us. I just wonder how many of us have really thought how our dreams and goals have changed. It sure made me sad in the fact that I might not be able to do the things I wanted. But in a way happy to know that I have a lot more to challenge me in the future. To all my brothers and sisters out there remember we can get through this but it won't be without tears and a lot of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment