Monday, May 10, 2010

No more FMLA leave

My boss called me this morning and asked if I could please come in for a meeting with the director. I went in for a 11am meeting, having some clue what this was going to be about. My husband dropped me off and went to the bank. I had my meeting and yes I was told that my FMLA leave had run out as of May 1st. This is hard to take, I am trying so hard not to break down into tears.
I came home and called to doctor's about why the pain medication had not been refilled, the nurse informed me that I have IC (Wow that was news!) and pain medication would not take away the pain. This I know but it makes it more bearable. She suggested that I learn to live with the pain, I do have a life long disease that has no cure. She was talking to me as if I was not an adult but a child. This was just another blow to me put that with this mornings stress. The nurse did say she would go speak with my doctor but would not promise that he would let me have the medication. I feel she will not even go talk to the doctor.
Yesterday the weather was sunny, warm and calm. Today we have gray skies with light rain but still calm. The day sure fits my mood.
Wait, the doctors office just called me back, they have refilled my pain medication. I guess the nurse did take the message to the doctor. I was wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I'm sorry about the FMLA. I'm sure that was very upsetting.

    Also, I'm sorry the nurse talked down to you and generally made matters worse. I'm glad you got your medication, though.

    Hang in there! I know it's hard!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete